He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, April 30, 2005

ROLLA

Yesterday we went to visit Uncle Mike at his new place in Rolla since it's only 40 minutes away from York, also, we had to take Mike a lawn mower too since he has a yard now to mow. It's a small house but it's perfect for one person. The inside was a lot nicer than I thought it would be and the flooring is really good too. The only down side to the place is that it is fuel oil heated and that is going to be a bitch in the winter time. While we were there we ran to ALCO to find a long sleeved shirt for Darren because he will need one for his ride-along on Saturday. We didn't find any long sleeved shirt but there was some t-shirts there he did like. We bought some birthday cards for my dad too. My mom has this goal of my dad getting 60 birthday cards for his birthday this year since he is turning 60 on Sunday. I don't know if he will receive that many but my poor mom has sure been working hard on it. After ALCO we ran to Prairie Lanes to eat and I have to say that it wasn't the experience that I remember. We used to eat there all the time with my Grandma when she was still around. It was fun to go there, the food was good, and the service was relatively fast but yesterday, my god, it took this waitress we had FOREVER to get all our food. We were sitting there for at least 15 minutes before she came for our drink order, then another 20 minutes for her to come and get our food order, the food came fast but when we asked for a refill of coffee, ranch, or pie she was gone for 10 minutes before she came back. She had to have been a high schooler because she looked really young but there was no excuse for it because the restaurant wasn't even busy. The food was still great and we even ran into John Jr and Pam Halone (great friends of the family) while we were there and we talked for a while. I picked up flowers at the flower shop in Leeds before we went up to Rolla and after we ate at Prairie Lanes we ran over to the cemetery and I laid them down for my Grandma (and Grandpa whom I don't remember). I still miss Grandma a lot and I get sad when I think of her. I really wish she could be here to see my family. She died in '96, a year before I graduated high school. I felt like a fool walking back to the truck crying where Darren, Mike, and Cassie were waiting for me. They were cool about it though and didn't say anything. We left the cemetery and went back to Mikes. Mike took some pics with his new digital camera and they came out really good. Cassie fell asleep in the car on the way home and she stayed sleeping so I just laid her down in her crib with her cloths on. It was a fun day and since Mikey isn't that far away now so Darren, Cassie, and I may have to go and visit him when we get bored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone