He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

A SURPRISE VISIT BY THE UPS MAN

August of 2003, a bunch of people got together and bought me this really kick ass Eddie Bauer diaper bag backpack and gave it to me at my baby shower. Over the months of use the zipper started to catch on the flap that hid the zipper and it started to tear apart the flap exposing the foam padding inside the shell of the diaper bag. I contacted Eddie Bauer and they told me to contact a company by the name of Baby Boom in NY who makes the bags for them. So I called Baby Boom and they told me to send them the bag with a letter and not to worry about a receipt because the bag itself is proof of purchase and the bags are under warranty and they would exchange it. I sent my old diaper bag off about 6 weeks ago by Priority Mail and I totally forgot about it. Today the UPS man stopped and I couldn't figure out why because I hadn't bought anything off eBay and neither had Darren. I tore open the box and there was a brand new diaper bag....an even bigger, wider, better diaper bag backpack. This thing is three times the size of my old bag. I wish I would have had this bag to start out with. The bag is 13.5" x 16.5" x 7". Inside there are two bottle rings, a large mesh pocket with a velcro closure a changing pad, and a "wet" bag. Outside on the front there are two pockets, one large with a zipper and a key ring. The second is a smaller pocket with velcro closure also. Each side has a pocket that is perfect for a sippy cup or bottle (mine will perminately hold a sippy since we are done with bottles) and the back had a big vertical zipper for easy access to the changing pad and diapers without opening the entire bag. I can get all of Cassie's stuff and the kitchen sink in this thing!! I am totally excited about it, I can't wait to use it. And it's going to be perfect for toys, stuffies, books, crayons, paper, and music when she gets older for longer trips. We could even use it as an overnight bag too. SWEET!! props go out to Eddie Bauer/Baby Boom for giving me something totally better than what I expected after I forgot all about it. I will be showing it off to all of you as soon as I get the chance.
 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone