He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Wow, Our Schwan Representative Died.

So I got to work this morning at 8 am and two of the women were talking about a Schwan rep who was making deliveries in Selles ND and his truck was hit by a train and he died. I starting telling the women how that's pretty shitty for the dudes family and told them that I like our driver, Jim Roma from Harvey and one of the women said "that's who died". I was in total shock and disbelief. He was a short guy, about my height, and pudgy. He had black hair and bright blue eyes that really stood out because of his hair. He was a happy guy and he was always friendly and if he had the time he would stay and chat for a bit. He was jealous because our family has a cabin on Lake Upsilon and he was there once and wanted to get property there in the future. He always made comments to me when I was pregnant and the week I was in the hospital I came to the house and figured I had the baby since nobody answered the door. He knew where the key was to get into the house, he knew where to find the note with the list of stuff and he always put the stuff neatly into our freezer and locked the door when he left. When the new rep comes to the house I will always think of Jim and it won't be the same. I really feel bad for his family. His wife has Crohn's Disease and they had a 14 yr old boy.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone