He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, February 21, 2005

New Found Freedom

Cassie has started to feed herself with a spoon and fork...and you have no idea how much freedom that gives me. Now, while she eats, I can cook or clean or I can also eat my food without it getting cold. It's wonderful and I am soooooo happy that she is feeding herself. If you even think about trying to help her she gets mad and will fuss. It's faster to let her do it herself. So my brother is leaving tomorrow around 10 or 11 am for Minneapolis, there he will spend the night with our sister and he will take off in the morning for Virginia Beach. I printed out some pictures and gave them to him before I came home tonight and he really appreciated them. I never thought I would say this, but I am really going to miss him a lot. He worked with Darren, he was with us damn near every weekend we went into town, he helped us when we needed the extra person...or maybe it is a good thing he's going. It's hard to handle knowing that I may not see him again for a very long time if he likes it down there and finds a good job. Also, our Easter plans have changed. Now not going because of my dad has turned into the family not going at all. Since the Devils Lake hospital was took over by Altru, Altru doesn't see Good Friday as a holiday and they still work it. So, if they do have scheduled surgeries for that day my mom will have to work and she doesn't want to go to Minneapolis if she doesn't have a long weekend. I see her point because it isn't any fun to rush there and then rush right back home again so it's hard to tell what's going on for Easter. I am pretty sure that I am just going to spend it with Cassie and Darren though. I found some cute plastic eggs at Wal-Mart that I will use to put baby friendly candy in and I will have to find a basket but it will be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone