He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

CASSIDY'S FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN

Last Monday, I was one of the happiest momma's on the planet. My eldest daughter, Cassidy, started Kindergarten.

The Sunday before school, Cassidy excitedly picked out a new outfit from Nana that she wanted to wear, she stuffed everything imaginable inside her Dora the Explorer back pack that she got from Auntie Lynnette at her last birthday party, and went to bed early without a fuss. Cassidy woke up and got out of bed right away Monday morning when I went to wake her up, and got dressed all by herself without me having to ask her.

Instead of riding the bus to school on the first day, she wanted me to take her. I gladly told her I would since I wanted to take pictures too. Cassidy talked and giggled in the car all the way to the school. When we arrived, she jumped out of the car and headed for the school door immediately. Poor Jessie and I had to run to keep up with her. When we got inside the classroom, Cassidy put everything inside her desk, said "See you after school mom." and took off to play with her classmates. I was able to slow her down long enough to take a few pictures before I left.

I am proud of myself. I didn't cry like I thought I would. I think it's mainly because I am used to taking her to daycare. However, by mid-afternoon, I was really close to calling the school to see how she was doing, but I over came the temptation, and didn't. I am proud of Cassidy too. She absolutely loves school and cannot wait to go back each day and every day I pick her up, she is excited to show me what she did in school.

I remember when she was just a little baby. I thought the day would never come when she would start school. Now that she is in Kindergarten, I wonder what happened to my baby and think how quickly she turned into a smart, bright, little girl. Our days used to be waking up in the morning, having breakfast, playing until nap time, and then finding something to do outside until supper time. Now I wake her up and she gets ready for school, then I take the girls to daycare and Cassie has breakfast and then gets on the bus. She rides the bus to daycare after school and then I pick both the girls up when I get done with work. Boy how things have changed, but I am proud of her and so happy that she likes school. I cannot wait until she gets older and starts sports and other things. I am looking forward to attending games, concerts, and even band if she wants to play an instrument.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone