He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A STICKY SITUATION AND HALLOWEEN PLANS

When the label on the Emler's glue bottle says "SAFE", don't believe it.

I always do something with the girls before they go to bed. Sometimes we play a board game, spend some time outside, feed the horses...stuff that they really like doing. Today they wanted to do some crafts. After we got done with crafts I cleaned up the kitchen table and then had to wash Jessie. Jessie somehow managed to get some of the Elmer's glue in her hair. I took a washcloth and thought I got it all out. Later, when I was putting the girls in pajama's, I noticed that Jessie's hair was stiff and really matted on the side where the glue was. I touched her hair to see what it was, and when I did that, strands of her hair came off right into my hand. I got almost a complete handful of hair before it stopped coming off. Jessie's hair was only like that in the area where the glue had been. I figure that I didn't get all the glue out and it must have dried, making her hair weak and brittle. Luckily, you really cannot tell where the hair came out unless you are really looking closely at the side of her head.

Tomorrow is Halloween. I didn't have a lot of money to spend on outfits. I asked their dad to buy them something for Halloween when they spent the weekend with him, but he didn't do it. It doesn't surprise me. My dad, however, did pick up face makeup and two set of cat ears complete with bow ties and tails. Cassie is going as a tiger and Jessie is a black cat. We will probably start tomorrow after supper around 6 p.m. I wish there were places around York to take the girls, but they are really the only smaller children here and we get absolutely no trick-or-treaters whatsoever, so I am taking them to Leeds.

The holiday is also bittersweet. Tomorrow is the 3rd year anniversary of when we laid Tanya Broden to rest and said our last goodbyes to her. I still miss her a lot and I really wish she was here to help me through my bad times. It sucks to loose really close friends when your lives are just beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone