He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, October 11, 2008

BIRTHDAY PARTY AND SOME OTHER THINGS

On October 7th is was Cassidy's 5th birthday. We had her birthday party on Saturday, the 4th, at my mom and dads house in Leeds. Rainy came out with her three children, and Kristi came along with her and also brought her three children as well. Brandie Duran from Leeds also came with her two oldest boys. All the kids got along really well and had a lot of fun playing together.

This year, Cassie requested a lion birthday cake. She helped my mom and sister make two of them. I attempted to help, but stopped after I burnt the coconut that was toasting in the oven and filled my parents house with smoke that we all thought for sure was going to set off the fire detectors. Cassie got a lot of really nice gifts from all of her friends. Her favorite gift was the Dora the Explorer backpack that Auntie Lynnette gave her. I got her the Barbie Mermaidia DVD and a Barbie Mermaidia doll to go with it. She also got some nice clothing and a Rhino Rampage game that is really fun to play.

Things are getting pretty quiet at the shop where I work. It's expected since all the farmers are finishing up with harvest and winter is setting in. I was told that I may have to be let go of at the end of this month if things stay slow, but I can come back in the spring when planting is beginning to start. I am going to talk with my boss and see if there is something that I can do, maybe even three days a week for a few hours, so I have some time to save up for a laptop so I can do my medical transcription work over the winter.

Today, I spent two hours out in the yard cleaning up for winter. I got the pool taken down and stored in a shed in the back yard, I put all the girls outdoor toys away, and picked up all the garbage and stuff that was hanging around in the yard and got it all take to the trash. I hope it doesn't snow too soon. I am still not ready for it even though the yard is clean.

I got my first child support check on Tuesday. I was really happy to see it come in the mail. It should have been coming a long time ago, but late is always better than never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone