He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

HEY, A POST!!

I made a quick decision tonight before bed to blog something. I haven't posted anything since the 11th and I feel obligated to do so, because what good is a blog if you only post on it once a month?!...That's my theory anyway.

The girls were sick last week and then brought the plague into our house to share it with me. Bless their little hearts. Cassie got better, but Jessie and I were unwell for a while and the two of us ended up seeing the doctor. The morning of the doctor appointments, I some how managed to get locked out of my house. The girls weren't inside the house at the time. I had taken them to my moms so I could shower and get ready for the appointments in peace. I thought briefly about kicking the front door in, then decided to go with my better judgement and tried to get a window open. So there I am....at a quarter after nine in the morning, sick beyond belief, still dressed in my pajamas, hanging from the side of my house trying to get a window open so I could get inside....it wasn't pretty. Even though the situation was embarrassing, a friend did come to my aid after seeing me on the side of my house, and with a couple of long screwdrivers the bedroom window was opened. I had just enough time to change my clothes and go back and get Jessie.

My weekend was good. Friday evening I went into Leeds for the Wildlife banquet and auction that they have every year at the community center. The center was packed with people and the auction seemed to go on forever. I didn't get home until after 11 pm. Saturday, I went to the Haunted House in Churchs Ferry. It was okay, the back yard/outside stuff creeped me out a bit and two of my friends, Vinny and Will, scared the crap out of me pretty good. After going through the Haunted House, we headed across the street to Kat's Korral bar. We enjoyed our time, had lots of laughs, and many drinks until Kat pushed us out at closing time. Sunday was my day of obligation and recovery.

I was reading through some of my previous posts, and oh my God you guys.....how could you understand what I was writing??? I don't know what was wrong with me, but I noticed that I duplicated parts of some sentences, punctuation and grammar was horrid, and most of the time I didn't make sense at all. I will try and do better from now on, I promise.

This weekend I do not have too much planned. It is my weekend to have the girls so I want to spend as much time with them as I can. Kat is having a Halloween Party at her bar. She is giving cash prizes for 1 st, 2nd, and 3rd place best costumes. That would be fun to go to. I don't know if my mom will watch the girls because she is getting ready for her hospital bake sale. My only other option is to have my regular babysitter, Kenzie, come over to babysit, but I don't know if she can because she may have volleyball. So we will see what happens this weekend. If I do go, you can bet I will have tons of pictures to post!

Happy trails, until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone