He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, December 15, 2007

AN EARLY CHRISTMAS

The girls and I went up to Darren's parents place for an early Christmas. We arrived around 11 a.m. We had a wonderful dinner of ham, A' gratin potatoes, and green bean casserole. After dinner, we opened up gifts. The girls and I got a lot of really nice stuff from Deb and Dave. I got a pajama set, the Garth Brooks Ultimate Hits CD, The Breakup DVD, and his sister gave me this VERY pretty Montana Silversmith jewelry set. Cassidy got a sleeping bag that has Disney princesses on it, clothing, Walter the Farting Dog book, Chutes and Ladders game, and her daddy got her a My First Pony set and a really neat Tinkerbell locket necklace with a ring. Jessie also got a sleeping bag with fairies on it, clothing, Leap Frog Learn and Groove Drum, and daddy got her some necklaces and a baby doll. Later on, Darren and his father went outside to fix the front mud flaps on my car which had come loose from the bottom of the car and were rubbing against the tires. I really appreciated that because my father has been busy and I didn't want to worry about the mud flaps when we leave for Minneapolis on Thursday. All things considered, I had a really wonderful time at his parents. It was nice to see everyone and it was great to talk with his sister for a while. Even Darren's grandfather, Marvin Hanson, was at the house visiting for a bit. Like a dork, I forgot my camera and didn't get any pictures. Deb is going to send me some, so as soon as I get them, I will post them.

Things are going pretty steady otherwise. I am always busy with homework, the girls, and every day-to-day details. I have had people come to the house and drop off gifts for the girls for Christmas which has been amazing, and a relief knowing that they are going to have a few things for Christmas. I also had my own Christmas blessing early this week, which made me weep and very grateful at the same time. I cannot say enough to all of my friends and family who have been helping me these past three months. YOU ARE THE BEST!

1 Comments:

  • At December 16, 2007 at 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What was your Christmas blessing this week? We haven't talked for awhile. When are you leaving for the cities. Let me know. I hope you have a safe and happy holiday.

    P.S. I am glad you had a nice time at Darren's parents. That is awesome.

    Billy Jo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone