He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, December 07, 2007

NOT MUCH GOING ON

The girls and I went to town on Wednesday to deposit Darren's paycheck. Rainy had the entire day off, so she and her daughter met up with us at Wal-Mart. I was able to get some Christmas shopping done for the girls. After all our shopping, we had a quick bit to eat at McDonald's and then the girls and I headed up to the clinic to get our flu shots. I don't want any of us to be sick like we were last weekend. I did find a little time to get my Christmas cards off in the mail. I know that there are a few of you that may not get one. That is because I misplaced addresses. Feel free to send me my addresses via email if you want to make sure you get one.

Tonight I am going to try and get some presents wrapped. I still need to decide which I am going to use as Santa gifts. My house needs to be cleaned up a bit and I have homework to finish up. All my instructors were nice enough to give me a 3 week extension on all my assignments, so if I don't get them all in by the 14 I will still have some time. I want to get as much done as possible before we leave for Minneapolis on the 20th.

My mom is doing well. She is slowly ambling her way around her house. I am sure it is going to be a while before she is feeling really good. My dad started work trucking for a company out of Fargo. I think they are starting him out on short trips so he won't be gone from the house for very long when he is on the road.

Anyone want a cat? My cat has started taking the liberty of pooping next to my bed instead of going outside. She is really starting to make me mad. I have noticed too that she is getting a lump on the side of her belly. I am thinking of taking her to the vet for a checkup. Maybe that has something to do with the potty problem.

Other than these, my life has been pretty boring and simple. I haven't been doing much because it's been cold, I want to give my mother some peace while she heals, and the Christmas season is bringing me down without Darren here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone