He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, November 23, 2007

THANKSGIVING

I hope that everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving feast yesterday. The time spent with my family was fun, and had the occasional "odd" moments. My cousin, her husband, and her two daughters came to my parents house to help us celebrate. They are a fun bunch to be around.

My sister and cousin helped mom get the meal together. There was a really funny moment when my cousin got into a groove yelling at her kids while she was working on the mashed potatoes. My mother walked up next to her dumped a crap load of milk into the potatoes. My cousin was ready to chew someones butt, but turned quickly and saw my mom standing there. She apologized quickly because she was going to holler at her. We all laughed about it.
Our meal was accompanied by some Georges Duboeuf Naujolais Nouveau red wine. It is only made once a year, at Thanksgiving. My sister grabbed the last three bottles at a liquor store close to where she lives. The twin cities had already run out of the air shipment of this "must have" wine for the holiday, and the ocean shipment had not come in yet. It was pretty good. After that we basically lounged around and watched football. We would seek out the seasonal sweets and pies when we got hungry...which never happened, but were compelled to eat the stuff anyway.

We ended the night by trying to help my father get his Norton working correctly. While I was helping my father, Jessie was forgot about and Cassie found her in the spare bedroom playing with Auntie's makeup. The night got long, and I got very tired and crabby....so did the girls. We got home around 8:30 which is an hour past the girls bedtime. The girls fell asleep right away after coming home and I did some homework until about 2 a.m.

Today, the husband is coming home. He asked about a week ago if my sister would watch the girls this evening. He wants to go through some of the bills and get a few things paid while he is here, talk, and IF things go well, go out and do something together.

1 Comments:

  • At November 25, 2007 at 11:07 PM, Blogger April said…

    Hey! I'm glad you had an awesome Thanksgiving! We called you on Friday night to see if you wanted to come out with us, but there was no answer and I don't have your cell number, which I thought I did I guess. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I did indeed call you when we were in town!

    Anyway, I love the pics, they're all really really cute. and your bedroom looks so bright now! I love that color!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone