He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, November 24, 2007

DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION ADDICT

Yesterday, my sister and mother went shopping before they picked up the girls. One of their purchases was Dance Dance Revolution Supernova 2. I had heard of the exciting, wonderfully fun PlayStation 2 game before, but I have never tried it myself. It sounds simple enough. You buy a box containing a PS2 disc that has music and dance moves on it, along with a mat that plugs into the PS2 instead of a controller. You stand on this mat and try to follow the steps that play to the song that you choose. There are different levels; beginner, basic, something I can't remember, and expert. It appears to be easy when you are sitting on the couch, laughing hysterically, and trying not to pee your pants while the person is trying to "dance," but it isn't that easy. I took my shot at Dance Dance today, along with my brother and sister. Their game was quite a bit better than mine since they played it the night before, after the girls went to bed. After about 2 hours of attempting just the beginner moves, I was able to move up to basics. Beyond basics, the moves start to get crazy and my coordination is not that advanced yet. I have to hand it to my brother. He has some pretty mad skills at this game. Nobody is even close enough to try most of the songs on expert. We are still trying to break away from Basics. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera handy for this. I wish I would have had it on me. There would have been some great pictures!! This game is definitely on my Christmas List and if we play it again when we are together for Christmas, you can bet you ass I am posting pics!!

3 Comments:

  • At November 25, 2007 at 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok, so who's game is it actually? Cuz Vinny and I would like to try it. Have you tried Guitar Hero?? Its great and I have it all week I am borrowing it and you could come and try it. Call me or something, having withdrawels!!

    Billy Jo

     
  • At November 25, 2007 at 7:17 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    qdsThe game was declared "the families" but my sister took it home with her so we would have it for Christmas. Go figure.

    Yes, in fact, I have played guitar hero and that is fun as well too. I have played Guitar II more than the orginal though. We will definately have to get together and do a little gaming. Dance Dance is still my fav because you are moving your butt off!! It's a great workout!!

     
  • At November 25, 2007 at 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thats what we have is II. We only have it for the week and then Candace is coming to get it or something I don't know for sure.

    Billy Jo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone