He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I HATE MY CHRISTMAS TREE

Actually, I love Christmas trees. They are beautiful, heart-warming, and nothing says Christmas is more near than the Christmas tree. But this year, my tree really pissed me off.

I have an artificial tree. No, it doesn't smell as good at a real one, but it saves me the hassle of cutting one down, keeping it watered, and finding needles in the carpet until next Christmas. I string the lights on the tree branch by branch as I put the tree together. Midway, the base of the tree broke. It completely split in half. I tied it to my china hutch so it wouldn't fall completely over and called my mom to pick me up another one at Wal-Mart on her way home from work. My mother picked up a metal one for a real tree so it took me 15 minutes to put it together before we could place the tree in the new stand. Things went well after that. I got the tree completely up with all 9 strands of lights on it. The girls helped me put the decorations on it, we watched the Charlie Brown Christmas special on TV and then they went to bed. I was doing homework, when all of a sudden, the lights went out on the tree. It was too late to do anything so I went to bed. The next morning the lights wouldn't work. I checked all the strands and it turned out, after much searching, that a fuse had blown in one of the strings. I replaced the fuse. Almost immediately after plugging the lights back in, they went dark again. I was really ticked at this point. I didn't want to have to go through all the lights again, so I grabbed one of the connecting ends midway up the tree and pulled it into another socket so the strands were split up on a multi-power strip. Out of aggravation, I kicked the power switch on the plug in, not expecting the lights to come back on, but they did, and I have not had a problem yet with the lights. If anything else happens to the tree, it is going to stay as is after it happens because I am DONE messing with it this year. I does look very pretty though. I will have to post a pick of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone