He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, November 30, 2007

MY MOTHER HAD SURGERY

My mother had surgery this morning. In fact, she had 3 surgeries performed at one time. All surgeries were "female" related. My father called me around 2:30 to let me know mom was out of surgery and it all went well and she was resting currently resting. My mother's hospital room is right next door to a day/waiting room for visiting patients. That should come in handy when I have the girls with me. I can turn on the TV and they can watch cartoons, draw, or whatever while I am in the next room visiting with mom. Tomorrow, the girls and I may go see her. The weather is kind of chilly to have the girls out so I have to see how cold it is going to be before I actually take off. If I go right after lunch, I shouldn't have to buy any food while we are in town. My mother is going to be in the hospital until at least Monday, so I may make a few trips to Devils Lake until she gets home. I am just happy that everything went well. I was worried that something was going to happen during surgery, but it didn't. I am pretty sure that she is going to be sore for a while before she is ready to get up and move around. I have already had a talk with Cassidy about Nana's surgery and that Cassidy cannot sit on Nana's lap or run around and be rough, she has to be gentle for a while. I think she understands pretty well. I am going to call her later this evening to see how things are going and let her know the girls and I are thinking about coming to see her tomorrow...if she thinks she is ready for visitors.

1 Comments:

  • At December 1, 2007 at 8:46 PM, Blogger April said…

    I hope your mom is doing well. Surgery sucks, and this one sounds like a big one. Tell her we say hi and we hope she feels better soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone