He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, November 17, 2007

BEDROOM REMODELING

I started to paint the bedroom today. I know this sounds stupid, but since the whole "divorce/separation" speech was made in that room, mentally it was driving me into a deeper depression. I didn't want to keep remembering what happened in there, good or bad, and the only way I could really over come the mental issue was to change the room. It is going to remain my bedroom for a long time, so what better way to start a change than paint. It took a bit, but after a look in some of my country magazines I started to like soft green colors. My mother just happened to have some green paint left over from when she painted her living room so the remodeling so far has been free. Eventually the room will come together but it will take a while. I want to get a cheap chandalier for the bedroom (I know I have talked about it before,) I would like to get a white puffy comforter...make it look like a hotel getaway type thing. I will post as I keep going on the bedroom.

3 Comments:

  • At November 18, 2007 at 10:01 AM, Blogger tlawwife said…

    Good for you.

     
  • At November 19, 2007 at 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've done that before and for me personally, it really helped. There's something about changing the colors and decor that help free that mental hang up. So don't feel guilty about it. This is a great step for you and the girls. And you're not the only one that does this. :)

    -Josie (I can't remember my password as I've gotten lazy and let it log me in automatically, so I'll just post anonymous for now as I can't remember what it is)

     
  • At November 19, 2007 at 8:10 PM, Blogger Sphincter said…

    It's kind of a home version of the old "drop a man, get a haircut" routine. Or maybe only I did that. It did result in a lot of unfortunate haircuts for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone