He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, October 26, 2007

BUSY ME



When I was in Devils Lake on Wednesday, I stopped at the Cenex station so that Cassidy could go to the bathroom. In the parking lot was the funniest thing I have ever seen on the side of a tractor trailer. It moved me so much that I actually dug the camera out of the diaper bag and took a picture of it. For those that cannot read it, it says, "Mean Gene's Burgers. The Burger That Say's Bite Me." I am still laughing.


I haven't done to much lately except for clean the house. I let it go for about 3 days because I concentrated on homework and I helped my mother with cookies one day. The girls can really tear a place up in a hurry. The house was starting to reach the super, ubber, mega embarrassment stage so I thought it was due.


I was checking out the Oprah website (I think Nate Berkus is hot) for cheap inexpensive ways to update living rooms/bedrooms for little or nothing. There was this bedroom that was very plain but really cool looking at the same time. All of the materials basically came from second hand and garage sales. Nate found a chandelier at a sale and hung it in a bedroom and it was sweet. I want to do that in my bedroom. I pretty much liked everything in Nate Berkus' rooms. Someday when I can afford it I am going to do some home interior...with Rainy's help of course. While I was on the Oprah site, there was stuff posted about a Debt Diet. I went through it and ran off about 30 pages worth of stuff. It basically details how to manage money, get shit paid off, how to handle debt collectors, how to manage your bills and still be able to put $200 away each pay check, and small things that a person can do to save $4,000 in a year. The site even had a calculator where you enter your income, bills, and extra expenses and it will automatically work out what should be spent on each bill in order to save the $200. It is really cool. There is also a a calculator for all the "extra" stuff a person picks up and give you tips on how to stop spending. I am going to go back over the stuff I printed off tonight and get started right away. It is really too bad that Darren did not read all of this before he took off. I think money is his biggest stress right now and if he was around to do this with me we would be doing pretty good, I think.


In two more days, it will the 2nd year anniversary of Tanya Broden's death. I cannot believe it has been 2 years already. Halloween will never be the same for me anymore since she was buried on that day. As silly as it sounds, I still miss her even though we didn't talk near as much as we used to in high school. People grow older, move away, start families...priorities change and friendships are lost in the wake. If I knew what I know now, I would have spent a lot more time with my friends and held them very closely. The time I spend with friends and family now definitely have more priority.
I am not sure if Darren is coming home this weekend or not. Darren said he wasn't sure and would come home if he felt like it. I wish we were getting long better than we are, but it seems that we cannot talk any longer than 10 minutes before he gets upset and storms off. It is sad, but I don't even know how to speak to my own husband anymore. I have moments when I think we have a wonderful shot of getting back together and then there are times, like Wednesday, that I think it really is over. It is getting really stressful and Cassidy has lately been asking where daddy is. I just keep telling her dad is working because I don't know what else to say. My homework has definately taken a blow from all of this and I may have to retake one class. I am hoping that I can pull it up and graduate in May like I wanted to.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone