He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, October 15, 2007

HALLOWEEN PARTY AND A BUNCH OF OTHER THINGS

The Halloween party at Camp Grafton was fun. I had a really good time and I am thankful that Rainy and Jason asked me to go. I will have pictures of the party coming soon.

The day started out a little hectic. Rainy and I started to get ready around noon. The reason we started so early was because Rainy had to be out at the camp at 4 o'clock because she was bartending. I have to admit that there was quite a bit of dressing, redressing, rearranging, and many hair uplifts, drop downs, and scrunching before we decided we looked good enough to be seen. I we were not 100% thrilled about my hair so I put in an emergency text message to Tawny, who is a hair dresser at Performance In Hair, and she came over after work and really made my hair go well with my Vixen Pirate costume. After Rainy left for work, Amadon showed up at the house to pick up Forrester for Adele's birthday party at the farm. I only spoke to him very shortly but it was nice since I had not seen him in forever. Jason left shortly after Amadon and Forrester took off because he had to get back out to Camp Grafton and finish setting up and the band had to run a sound check. I watched Cassie, Jessie, D'Artagnan, and Eris. It was pretty easy because they all got along VERY well without any problems. I had all the kids in bed, except for D'Artagnan, before Rainy's mom showed up so she didn't have to worry about anyone. When I got to the camp it was around 8:30 - 9 o'clock. Jason's band was playing, Rainy was busting her ass at the bar, and there was a fair amount of people in attendance. I only knew about 5 people out of everyone that was there, but I was introduced to a lot of people. The camp people were really pleasant, very courteous, and just all-around amazing. I think it is because decent respecting manners are ground into them and I didn't have to worry about anyone being drunk and mauling me. It was a very comfortable place to be. I won 3rd place in the costume contest. Some guy in a toga got first place (go figure... some dude in a toga WOULD be the winner.) Tawny really kicked up the mood halfway into the night and got us in a situation that I still cannot figure out what exactly went on to get us there, all I know is that it was totally her fault. It literally forced me to get to know Grant, toga guy, a lot better. He is member of the Air Force and is from Ohio. He was at Camp Grafton for some type of classroom training. (Thanks a bunch Tawny. You and Ryan better prepare for payback!) Seriously thought, it was a great time and innocent fun was had by all. It was really nice to hang out with friends, and make some new ones, at this Halloween party. I stayed after the bar was closed to help Rainy and Jason get stuff cleaned up and packed away so we could all get home. By the time we got back to Rainy and Jason's that I was so tired I think I fell asleep instantly when I laid down.

Jason was supposed to board a plane at 5 a.m. that morning to go to a two-week training out-of-state. Needless to say we all slept in and he missed his 5 a.m. flight out of Devils Lake. He called his travel agent quickly and got his flight changed to a plane leaving Grand Forks. Rainy and Jason husseled the kids into clothing and they all took off and made a mad dash to Grand Forks to get Jason on his plane. He was fortunate enough to make this flight and then called Rainy later in the day during his layover in Minneapolis. I hung around with Rainy until about 1 o'clock. Then I had to leave her house and attend a family get-together for my grandma who is in The Good Samaritan senior center in Devils Lake. I hung out with the family until 3:30 and then I and the girls had to head off for home. Darren came to the house at 4 o'clock to see the girls and talk. I think he was upset after I told him what I expected from him when, and if, he decided to come back. He still had not thought about anything and was not open enough to tell me what was bothering him. I had brought up a few things about his moodieness and he got mad and said, "Fuck it. I don't want to be married anymore. At least not to you." I got him calmed down and told him if we cannot communicate we are only going to have even more problems. We have decided though to see a financial couselor to help us manage money better. Darren thinks that is where most of his stress is coming from. I told him to make the appointment and let me know when, where, and what I need to bring. I told him that we seriously need to work on a stable income for the home so that I can keep caught up on bills and warned him if we were going to keep fighting about the money he has to give me than I will file for TANF until we get stuff worked out. I told him that I am also seriously thinking about seeing a councelor about our relationship because he has said hurtful things to me while we have been seperated that makes me really wonder if he truely does love me or not. We have also agreed that if we decide to really work our marriage out, he cannot just move right back into the house and that going on dates and just hanging out with each other is going to be better for us first. So it is going to probably be well after Christmas, or even sometime into next year, before he is actually back in the house if we decide staying together is a good idea. I will have to see what my coucelor suggests too.

1 Comments:

  • At October 16, 2007 at 1:42 AM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    It sounds like you made a lot of definitive statements about what you want and things you guys both need to do. That's good, because cutting down on ambiguities in your communication can help cut down on some of the fighting (for what it's worth, I don't know a relationship good or bad that communicates 100% efficiently).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone