He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, September 13, 2007

A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING

Hmmm....

There isn't too much new going on, but I feel that I need to update since it has been a while. The new water heater is wonderful. I finally bought a new shower curtain to replace the nasty stained old one caked in rust. I stopped by Joseph's Closet again just to snoop. I found a Columbia jacket for Cassie that was only $7 and Cassied picked out the cuties white and pink sweater that came with a hat for $3. I am still cheesed about the price of the jacket.

I have spent a lot of time with Billy Jo. She and I went out to the bar on Saturday night and ran into her brother and his girlfriend and Tyler Bjerke, a friend from Churchs Ferry that I have not seen in a very long time. We had an awesome time. I got tore up pretty badly. Some of the details are hazey, but I am positive it was a great time.

I got my refund check from the college. Now I can pay back my mother for the water heater and get some pills paid off and some caught up. It is nice to know that we are almost out of debt. In 5 years I would like to own a house or a new modular home here on this property where we live. It's a stretch, but with few bills and both of us working, we may be able to do it.

It's our six year anniversary on Saturday. I cannot believe that Darren and I have been married that long!! I think we are going up to his parents to spend the day. Other than that, we do not have anything planned. Billy Jo and Vinny celebrate their 3 year anniversary 3 days after ours, so Darren and I want to go out with them. Nothing elaborate. Probably just to Earl's Bar in Leeds, but who knows where the 4 of us could wind up.

I need to loose weight bad. I talked to my sister and we have been doing Weight Watchers together. Basically, she told me where to start out with points, she sent me a link for a food counter online so I know how much I am eating, and I have been doing TaeBo during the day and walking the dog in the evening. I do not notice any weight loss right now, but I am not stepping on the scale either. I am going by weather I can fit into my old pants or not. HAHAHA! No, seriously, I know what I have started out at so I am not going to weigh myself until the beginning of next week and see how much I have lost in 1 week. Hopefully by Christmas I will look like what I did when Darren and I first started dating.

2 Comments:

  • At September 14, 2007 at 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm really proud of you and all the hard work you've been doing, but I just feel someone should remind you that you won't actually be out of debt. The money you are getting in student loans does have to be paid back, and even though its at low interest rates, it can really add up. Just want to make sure you remember this. I've seen a lot of people get over their heads with this. Does your college offer financial counseling for your loans?

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 11:16 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Yeppers, they sure do. They will even help with a budget too which I think is pretty cool. I know that my student loans will always be there for about 20 years (okay, maybe not exactly that long), but I am hoping that it will be the only debt besides my regular monthly bills. That alone will be a great stress relief.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone