He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, March 30, 2007

AN UPDATE

Last Saturday we ran to Rugby to see Darren's family. They all got together at the Econo Lodge hotel. We were not able to use the pool because it was being painted...bummer...but we still had fun anyway. Auntie Missy was home and she bought a Strawberry Shortcake kite for Cassie and the game Elefun for both the girls. Cassie LOVED the kite. She didn't get too active with Elefun. Cassie just stood in one spot and waited for the butterflies to fall into her net.

Sunday was an unbelievable beautiful day. It was super warm...well, warm for North Dakota...so in the early part of the day Darren took off on the 3-wheeler to look for deer sheds. She found two but they were not a set. When he got done I made him dig out the grill and fire it up for steaks, hot dogs, and potatoes. He grilled and watched the girls in the yard play on the swing set while I went out and rode horse. It was great to get out. The horse needed it too, she was pretty spunky and even let out a few playful bucks. Cassie jumped on the horse by herself and I led her up and down the road in front of the house when I got back. Darren said he doesn't know which is worse, the smell of wet dog or a sweaty horse.

Sunday wasn't all great. When I got Jessie out of her crib and laid her down on the couch for her morning diaper change she was COVERED with a zillion little red bumps. They were similar to spider bites and they were on her face, arms, legs, and she had a few on her belly. I was not sure if they were chicken pox or not since the girls really are not around other children. My mother came over after work and she wasn't sure what they were either so we took her to the clinic on Monday and it turns out that they are hives from some sort of allergy. The doctor prescribed us Benadryl and Prednisolone. When the hives go away, I need to keep a journal of what she comes into contact with and then we will be able to SLOWLY determine what caused the allergic reaction if she breaks out again. She is starting to clear up really good.

Monday was cooler, but still nice enough to get the girls outside. I had Darren cook hamburgers on the grill. My mom and dad went out for a short bike ride and stopped by the house. My brother was home on Sunday too for a little while and came over to visit for a bit. He also brought me some tin foil from my mom's since I ran out. That was really the main reason he came over.

On Wednesday my mother came over after work so that I could get a lot of homework done. I really like it when she does that because I seem to get a lot done when she is here. That night after my mom left Jessie got sick and was throwing up every where. I had a mental breakdown and I called my mother back over to help me out with Jessie until Darren came home. I had some Phenergan that my mother gave to Jessie and Jessie fell back asleep just as Darren walked through the door. She was sick yesterday too and is doing better today but she still will not eat anything. I do not know why Jessie is getting sick like this all the time. She should be since she had her flu shot. Luckily, Jessie has a checkup with her doctor today so the doctor and check it out. I also called the doctor and had my Prozac refilled. I have been stressed out to the max lately and with everything I have going on and Darren not being around a lot to help me out I really do need it right now.

I have pictures that I want to post from the other day but Blogger sucks at posting photos right now and since I am still on dial-up it takes forever to load my photos onto Photobucket and then post them on Blogger. I am going to wait for the next time I am at my mom's and post them then.

Later peeps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone