He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A COUPLE OF SHOCKING MOMENTS

I was very surprised to hear on the news yesterday that my 7th grade Social Studies teacher died of a suspected heart attack while driving his vehicle. I am in total awe. I liked Mr. Flynn's' class and his daughter had a baby around the same time that Cassidy was born so I saw her a lot at Baby & I with her son, Aiden. I feel terrible for the family. I would like to send something to the family, but it has been a better 11 years or so since I even spoke to Mr. Flynn and I don't know if it would be appropriate or not. My 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Dosch died a while back. It has been MANY years now, but she was battling breast cancer and her health was not all that well. She even had one of her breasts removed when Kevin and I were sixth graders and I remember her telling the class a story about a dream she had one night. She said that in her dream she forgot to put the prosthetic boob on before coming to school. She saw humor in her situation even though she was terminally ill. Her death was bitter sweet. She was sick and through her death she was free of pain. But Mr. Flynn just blows me away because it was one of those sudden accidents that you never expect.

Another shocking note........I CANNOT believe that Sanjaya made it through yet again on American Idol!!! His song of the 60's stank and he should have been gone long before the woman tonight. I was watching Fox News and some guy made T-shirts that have a picture of Sanjaya on the front with "Stop Calling" printed beneath the picture. He plans to wear it continuously until Sanjaya is voted off the show. I want to know how I can get one of those shirts.

1 Comments:

  • At March 21, 2007 at 11:14 PM, Blogger tlawwife said…

    I think that it is very appropriate for you to send something with a note about your pleasant memories of him as a teacher. Teachers pass through our lives but leave lasting memories. It would be nice for you to express that his family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone