He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, March 18, 2007

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

I hope that everyone enjoyed St. Paddy's Day!
Darren went to Willow City to visit his mother. On his way home he stopped in Rugby and went to a bar with his cousins. He did not get home until 6 this morning!!! I would have loved to go up to the bar with him to celebrate too, but I was at home with the girls. It would have been nice if he would have asked if I wanted to do something though. Oh well, I will have my shot when I go to the medical transcription conference in Mandan in April. Then he will have the girls by himself for 2 days.
Yesterday my mother came over to watch the girls while I took some tests in my Medical Law class. It was a BIG help. I completed all of my tests except for the final, which I will take next week some time. Now all I have to do is submit my journal entries (yes, we have to keep a journal in this class....it's silly) and complete the final exam and I will have completed this class about a month and a half ahead of schedule. However, I will not get my grade until the class ends in May.
I was hoping that we would be able to go see Wild Hogs at the movie theater today and get some Wal-Mart shopping done, but since Darren is still in bed with a massive hangover I am sure he will not be leaving the bedroom today at all. If I do, it will probably be right before I go to bed myself. I was thinking of going to my mother's for something to do but there is a NASCAR race today. My dad never misses a race and it is not a good idea to have the girls over there when the race is going on because if they get crabby, start screaming, or cry it makes my dad super mad. his tolerance for crabby kids is about -10. There is a lot of speech under his breath and eye rolling too that I just hate to see. I know that it is his house and he and my mother has raised their children so he does not need to put up with mine and that is totally understandable. It is just best to stay away on race day.
I need to start thinking about getting lunch ready. Jessie will be getting up from her nap and she will be hungry. Cassie is getting antsy. It has been a while since I have taken her outside because the weather got colder. I cannot wait for warmer weather. Then the girls and I will not be so bored all the time.

1 Comments:

  • At March 18, 2007 at 5:48 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    It probably is best just to stay away from your parents' house for a bit. No offense to your dad, but kids do sometimes scream and behave badly and all that jazz, and sometimes you just have to take it more in stride. Besides, if they see him getting mad, that might make them act out more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone