He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

CONCIDERING MORE COLLEGE

Sorry peeps, it has been a while since my last post. I have been busy. I will try to post daily again.

My spring semester of classes is almost finished. I only have 5 more classes to take and I will have completed my Medical Transcription certificate. I plan to take 2 or 3 classes this summer and finish the rest over the fall. Once I have my certificate, it is only another 4 classes, which I plan to take spring/summer of 2008, and I will have my Medical Transcription degree.

I have been checking into other programs offered through Williston State college and I have given the Health Information Management program some very serious thought. There are two options available within the HIM program which are Front Office and Medical Billing & Coding. Once I have my MT degree there are only 2 classes I need to take to get degrees in Front Office and Billing/Coding. I could pick up these two classes while I take the spring/summer classes for my MT degree and then be certified in the areas of Front Office, Billing/Coding, and MT. I have decided to do all of this because medical transcription will not be around forever with all the voice activated electronics becoming available so eventually I will have to look for something else and I figure the HIM will make me very employable. I have also wanted to go to work outside of the home when our youngest child starts Kindergarten too so the Front Office will be handy.

Darren isn't too excited about all of this. He wanted me to start working after only months of taking classes, not years. However, I think it is very well worth it and I am going to do it anyway.

The girls are doing great. Jessie kicked her cold about a week ago and is somewhat back to her happy self. She is still pretty crabby and whiny at times though. Cassie has been a big help with Jessie lately which is great. I also bought a 20" TV on sale at Wal-Mart with some of the money I had left from financial aid. We put the new TV in our living room (since our 32" crapped out and we don't have the money to fix it right now) and put the 20" TV of my mom's that we were using into the girls toy room along with a VCR/DVD combo that my mother bought the girls for Christmas. Cassie and Jessie spend a lot of time in the toy room now watching their cartoons and playing with all their toys. Now I can watch Fox News all day and not worry about the kids screaming for cartoons. However, Cassie has lately gotten into the old movies like National Velvet with Mickey Rooney & Elizabeth Taylor, My Friend Flicka with Roddy MacDowell, and The Man From Snowy River movies. Since she is getting into the older films, I think she would love The Ugly Dachshund by Walt Disney.

This is about all I have time for tonight. I want to get into the shower and get to bed. I have been very tired the week or so. It seems that even if I sleep 12 hours it is not long enough and I don't know why.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone