He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, February 26, 2007

A MUCH NEEDED UPDATE

Jessie is still sick. I have given her countless gallons of Pedialyte because that is the only thing she is keeping down. I have tried to give her milk, but every time I do, she barfs. Her diarrhea has not cleared up yet and it stinks worse than anything imaginable for something that is 99% water. Her diaper rash is starting to clear up. It was so bad for a while I thought she was going to start bleeding. I was worried about dehydration too because her lips were starting to get extremely dry so my mother called a doctor that she works with and that doctor called in a prescription for Jessie. It was some liquid that stopped vomiting and nausea. It worked really well.

Now it has been a whole week later and Jessie is REALLY fussy, doesn't eat much, and I don't dare give her too much milk yet because she is still throwing that up and she is starting to loose her interest in her Pedialyte/juice/water. We are thinking about taking her into the clinic to have a blood test done because I am starting to think that this is not an ordinary case of the flu and it could be something that needs antibiotic to clear up.

I am going to make a phone call to the clinic today, hopefully we will be able to get little Jessie turned around her soon.

Cassie did get sick a few days after Jessie became ill but she only threw up for about 8 hours. she was mainly sick just through the late afternoon and into the evening. By her bedtime she stopped vomiting and the next day she was fine. Darren also caught the lovely illness, but he is better now too. I am just hoping that I do not get it next.

1 Comments:

  • At February 26, 2007 at 6:42 PM, Blogger April said…

    Oh my goodness, a whole week of a fluish baby... icky. I hope its nothing too serious, and Jessie can get in to see a doctor, and hopefully they can get her feeling better soon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone