He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, March 01, 2007

SNOW

It has been a very cold start to March. It has been snowing since about 8 a.m. yesterday (or earlier.) I gathered the girls up and we rushed to Leeds to pick up some food with the rest of the money I had to my EBT card since we are in for another 2 days of bad weather. I also had my mother pick up a few things from Wal-Mart on her way home so we had everything we needed if we got house bound and stranded for a few days.

Darren was able to make it home last night. He got up with I and the girls for breakfast and then headed outside to blow snow so we could get the vehicles out of the driveway. He finished around 10 a.m. and then took his shower and headed off for work. On the TV almost every school in ND is cancelled or running a minimum of 2 hours late because of all the snow. I don't have any idea how much we have gotten so far but it has definitely been a lot.

A couple of counties to the south of us are in a blizzard warning for today. We are only in a Winter Weather Watch right now. I am not sure if we are expected to get any of the blizzard conditions, but I would be surprised if we did.

All I have really been doing lately is watching the snow fall and collect on the ground. Hopefully it will not hang around too long. I also need to get moving and do some homework while the girls take their naps this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone