He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, February 19, 2007

VERMIN

Jessie settled down for a nap at about 11 o'clock today. About an hour into her three and a half hour nap, we had a little visitor. She want not a wanted visitor either.

The visitor was a mole....not a mouse, a mole. I was doing some dictation for my MT class and I could hear this loud noise in the kitchen. Cassie was watching cartoons and the cat was outside so I went to investigate. She was under the highchair and I was very surprised to see her. The poor thing was not very bright either. I reset a humane trap in the same place three different times before she was finally caught on the third attempt to steal the non-salmonella peanut butter in the trap. I put her in a Rubbermaid container and Cassie and I walked down the street to the Yield sign at the corner of the block and released her. Wouldn't you know it, two hours later and she was back in the house!!! This time she was getting brave and trying to attempt entering the living room. Cassie chased her down the hallway and I reset the trap in the same place as before, just in case she was following her old path. As of right now, she has not been heard from or seen. Maybe Cassie scared her pretty good and the mole left the house. My mom is going to Wal-Mart to get sticky traps and some Decon for me when she picks up my things for Jessie.

As for Jessie, she has been up for a little bit. She is fussy as ever and still sick. Because she is still throwing up I am limiting her Pedialyte to just two ounces at a time. She is not very happy about this since she still doesn't feel like eating solid foods but it is a lot better than her throwing up 16 ounces of orange liquid everywhere. She fell asleep around 4:30 pm and is still sleeping. She will probably get up around 7, be up for a couple of hours, and then with luck she will be in bed for the night at 9.

1 Comments:

  • At February 20, 2007 at 7:30 AM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    So when I read this I found it funny, and was picturing a cute little fury thing running around your house. Then I realized I didn't really know what a mole looked like, so I looked it up and MY GOD! They are not cute! Fury, yes. Cute, no. I can't believe that was in your house and you had to catch it and chase it around. You are one brave woman...not to mention Cassie chasing that thing around. ;)

    Also, I hope Jessie is feeling better. Orange puke does not sound like a fun time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone