He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, February 19, 2007

OH, WHAT A NIGHT

Last night Jessie started to throw up around 8 o'clock. I started giving her some Pedialyte but she wasn't holding that down either. I continued to give the Pedialyte to Jessie, because if I didn't, she would dry heave anyway and nobody enjoys that.
After rocking until 1:30 and MANY changes of clothes for both mom and Jessie, I was able to lay her down around 2 o'clock. After I laid down, I heard Jessie cough a couple of times. I went back to check her each time, but she was already sleeping when I reached the girls bedroom and nothing appeared to be wet.

This morning she doesn't have any appetite for food. She has been drinking Pedialyte by the gallon. She did throw up a couple of times but not as often as last night and seems to be holding some of it down okay. We have been going now for about an hour without any of the Pedialyte coming back up (knock on wood) so I hope the worst of it is over. If my mom calls today, I am going to see if she will run by the Wal-Mart and pick up some more Resolve, Pedialyte, and Biz for me because I have run out of everything but the Pedialyte and I am sure that will be gone shortly.

Cassidy has been a huge help while Jessie has been sick. Cassie likes to get the Pedialyte out of the fridge for me, she fetches spit rags, and she knows where all of Jessie's clothes are in Jessie's dresser. While I am taking Jessie out of dirty clothes, Cassie will bring me clean ones. She has even been throwing stuff in the washing machine for me. Thank goodness for her help.

Darren picked up a Commercial Drivers License book. He has been reading it and studying it pretty intently the last couple of days. He has some offers to drive truck and one person even offered Darren to use one of his trucks to take the driving test as long as he had his permit. I think his plan is to go to Minot next Monday to have our 32" TV fixed and he will take the written test while he is in Minot. Darren really wants to get away from Schwan's really bad. He misses us and the way his paycheck has been, he figured out that his is basically busting his butt for $3 per hour. When I am working, which hopefully will be this fall, things should pull together. At least we have all of our interest gathering bills paid off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone