He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, January 22, 2007

MORE LAB WORK YET

I was able to get into the lab right away today at 11 to have my blood drawn. There was still an hour and a half until I saw the doctor so I went over to Same Day Surgery and met my mom. Then the two of us walked down to the hospital cafeteria to have lunch. After lunch, I went up to the second floor and saw the lactation consultant, she was aware of everything going on, and unloaded everything on her and had a good cry. After I was finished there, I returned the nebulizer to CARE Medical and ran to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. I got back to the clinic around 1:15 and was seen by the doctor right away. First off, the mass IS in my ovary. Second, my blood number is now 1.0, slightly elevated from Saturday.

The mass may be a cyst. Ovarian cysts can become stimulated by hormones when women are pregnant causing the cyst to grow largely at a rapid pace. My lost pregnancy could be a factor in the size of the cyst. The mass could also be an ectopic pregnancy inside the ovary. My blood work came back from the lab slightly elevated from Saturday and it shouldn't be elevated if I am not pregnant. An ectopic pregnancy can cause rupture of my ovary and fallopian tube if surgery isn't performed right away to remove it. A cyst needs to be surgically removed too, but it is not as urgent as an ectopic pregnancy. So either way, I am looking at surgery.

The doctor wants my blood to be drawn again in 48 hours. If the blood numbers are still rising, then surgery will be scheduled immediately to remove the ectopic pregnancy. If the numbers are staying relatively low the doctor will make arrangements for my OB/GYN to remove the cyst the next time he is in Devils Lake, which is February 9. Just two weeks from now.

The cyst has to be removed before Darren and I can have another baby. Since the loss of this baby, we have talked a lot about having another baby. We both want another baby and decided to try for another baby when all of this is out of the way. I will need about three months of healing time before I become pregnant so we are going to try and get all of this stuff out of the way as soon as possible. I am ready to put this behind me and move on to happier things.

2 Comments:

  • At January 24, 2007 at 4:06 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    I hope your surgery goes well. I'm glad you guys are able to look at the positives and happier future.

    I really hope you guys can meet up with us this Saturday. I think you guys need to have a good time, huh? :)

     
  • At January 24, 2007 at 8:55 PM, Blogger April said…

    good luck with the surgery. I'm sorry you and darren had to go through all that, but like Karissa i'm glad that you can have an optamistic view for the future, you can still get pregnant and have that little boy... yup... boy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone