He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

DEFINITELY NOT FUN

Jessie's doctor appointment went well. She has a moderate reflux and the mylanta should be enough to take care of it and she will out grow it eventually.

Jessie had shots at Lake Region District Health afterwards. She got 4 of them, two in each leg. She cried for just a little bit and then one of the ladies was nice enough to let us use her office to nurse because it was also time for Jessie to eat. Jessie fell asleep at the health office and stayed sleeping until we got to my mom's. Then she screamed and cried and screamed and cried only stopping to nurse a little bit. She fell asleep once but as soon as my mom moved Jessie she woke up because her poor little tender legs. I had even given her tylenol an hour before her shots and was continuing to give them to her every 3 hours afterwards but that wasn't working at all.

We got home around 9 and I got Cassie into bed right away and I tried to calm Jessie. When I changed her from her day outfit to a sleeper she seemed to cry harder. I decided to take off the sleeper because I thought maybe the sleeper was pulling against her legs making her uncomfortable. It worked, she went from a cry down to a sniffling sob. She nursed at 10 and she was sleeping by 11.

Cassie woke up and joined us in the bedroom at 2 am. Cassie was tired and whinny and she had me go get her nuk, blanket, and juice cup before she stopped whining. I did it right away to make sure she wouldn't wake up Jessie. Well, Jessie woke up anyway to be fed, Cassie fell asleep while I was feeding Jessie. I laid back down at 3:30 on the edge of my side of the bed because Cassie had the rest of the bed and as soon as I was just about asleep Cassie rolled over. She had her juice cup in her hand when she rolled over and juice ran down along my back and pooled by my butt. Then Cassie scooted closer to me and was half way up my back so I sat up to move Cassie over then she got mad at me and socked me in the eye with her fist. That was the final straw of the night. I picked her up and moved her to her bedroom. She cried and cried and cried and was awake until about 5:30 but finally fell asleep. However she came back into the bedroom around 6 but she didn't say anything, she just jumped into my bed and fell right back asleep so I left her there.

Cassie was up for the day around 8 and Jessie didn't get up until about 11. When I took off Jessie's pants to change her diaper both legs from the waist to the knee were covered in tiny little round black and blue marks, so many there was too many to count. I called my mom and she said that Jessie might have had a reaction to her shots so now I have to check with the health office and find out what happened. I hope she doesn't have any allergies to the band-aids (latex or adhesives) or alcohol. It explains why Jessie was so darn uncomfortable and crabby.

So today I am really tired. I may go to my mom's, crash for a bit, watch Idol and then come home. I am just praying that tonight is better than last night. After typing all of this up I got to thinking that it shouldn't be Mother's Day, we should get an entire month!!

1 Comments:

  • At May 9, 2006 at 11:09 PM, Blogger April said…

    Man Oh Man... sounds like you have your hands way way full! You know I've always thought you were SuperMom... even before Jessie was born. You took care of Cassie while Darren is away most of the week,not to mention that you live in the middle of NOWHERE! and then you were preggers, and still managed to do the housework and take care of Cassie, now you have a 4 month old AND a two and a half year old... now I think your UBER SUPER D DUPER MOM!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone