He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, August 22, 2005

A CRUISE FOR CHRISTMAS

My sister sent out family an email. It was a great idea, but terrible timing and I don't think she thought everyone's situations through before suggesting it, however, it did have the potential to be really fun. Apparently our cousin got our Aunt and Uncle talked into going on a family cruise for Christmas instead of spending money on gifts for everyone. Lynnette suggested that we go too! The cruise leaves Louisiana December 22nd (I really can't remember the exact date) and you are out at sea for a few days traveling through the Gulf, then you get to Mexico where you spend a day and then you head back to Louisiana. It's a quick 3 to 4 day trip. Well, my mom and dad don't have too much cash since my dad's business is just starting, Mike probably won't be able to get the time off since The Star will only be down to him and one other reporter since the other interns went back to college and he doesn't have a lot of extra cash either, and Darren and I just spent our extra money on a new car, what would we do with Cassie, this is really close to my due date and with my problems my doctor isn't going to let me travel that far (especially on a boat in the middle of the Gulf) if I did go into labor and my uterus did rupture I would need a hospital and a surgical staff or I would be dead. I bet they don't have an operating room on any cruise boat. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a cruise but it's really bad timing for everyone. Mom, Dad, and maybe Mike could make it but for me to travel around that time is out of the question. That would be so cool to travel like that and see all the different things. The only thing that I wouldn't do is drink the water in Mexico.

1 Comments:

  • At August 23, 2005 at 1:11 AM, Blogger Josie, group organizer said…

    That's too bad but in the long run having a healthy baby will outweigh that trip more than anything could. Who knows maybe you'll get a few more extra Christmas gifts this year since you weren't able to go.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone