He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

POPE BENEDICT XVI

My mom informed me of our new Pope. I didn't know much about him so she told me a little bit about him. Needless to say, I have a lot of warming up to the guy to do before I decide if I like him or not. He's very controversial. He thinks that if you are not Catholic, you are not Christian and I don't believe that's right. He is against remarriage in the Catholic church if you have been divorced and he also is against abortions. I am not saying that I am pro abortion or anything but I think there are few circumstances out there that women should have a choice, like the babies that are conceived through rape or incest...ect. I don't believe that a 13 yr old should have an abortion because she had unprotected sex only once. They make contraceptives, use them, that's why they are there. But if I say that I don't like Pope Benedict, I am making a rash judgment. You always hear the bad things before the good. It seems like the news media is good at that. I will have to check him out the next couple of weeks and see what happens and what is reveled. I just have to believe that the Cardinals make the right choice for us.........I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone