He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

IT WAS ONE THING RIGHT AFTER ANOTHER

So when I woke up today I washed dishes as Cassidy was eating her breakfast. After breakfast I gave Cassie a bath and then I had planned on running to the grocery store really fast when Darren woke up to cash my WIC checks. Darren got up around 12:30 and that is when I realized that I had a WIC appointment today at 10:40 am. Since I obviously missed my appointment I tried calling the Community Center in Leeds where they normally have WIC and I didn't get any answer. I got tired of trying to call the center so I called the DL office to let them know I had forgot but I still wanted to make an appointment to see someone. The DL office told me that they aren't in the center because of renovations and WIC was at the Luthran church. I called the church and the WIC lady told me that I could come in at 2. After meeting with WIC I ran to the store and put Cassie down for a nap. I worked evenings today and I had to run Cassie over to my moms so she could watch her while I was at work. Cassie woke up around 6. I got her diaper bag ready and bundled her up and ran out the car, got Cassie strapped into her car set.....and the car wouldn't start. I didn't worry about the car and I ran into the house and I called my mom to have her come and pick us up. I punched in at work at a quarter after 6 or 6:30 and I worked until 8:15. Because of her long nap, Cassie wasn't too ready for bed when we got home so I washed the rest of my dishes as she played with Scrappy and when I was finished with dishes, she was ready for bed. It's really nice now because Cassie is getting to the point where she doesn't like to be rocked anymore before her nap or going to bed so I can just lay her down and walk away. At the same time it depresses me because it's a sign of how fast she is growing and rocking was "our" time together since we stopped breastfeeding. But mother's have to let their children grow up. After my day, I am ready for bed and with how things ran today it can only be better tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone