He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Lego Church

I was a lego freak when I was a kid, just ask my family. My mom sent this to me and I thought that it was worth sharing. I can't imagine the patience the builder must have had!!

Very unique church... A few quick facts:
> >
> > 1. How long to build it?
> > It was about a year and a half of planning, building and photographing.
> >
> > 2. How many pieces of LEGO to build it?
> > More than 75,000
> >
> > 3. How big is it?
> > About 7 feet by 5 1/2 feet by 30 inches (2.2 m x 1.7 m x .76 m)
> >
> > 4. How many Lego people does it seat?
> > 1372
> >
> > 5. How many windows?
> > 3976
> >
> > 6. It features a balcony, a Narthex, stairs to the balcony, restrooms and
> > coat rooms

2 Comments:

  • At March 2, 2005 at 12:12 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    That is really cool looking. That's crazy that someone has the skill and patience do that. I went to Arizona one year during Christmas and we went to one of my grandmas friends house. He had built this entire birth of Jesus thing out of GI Joe's. It was this thing where the GI Joes moved somehow electronically and it changed scenery and landscapes that he had built. The characters were all little GI Joes. That was definitely one of the coolest things I've seen too. I guess that's what retired people do in their spare time. :)

     
  • At March 3, 2005 at 8:50 PM, Blogger Josie, group organizer said…

    Wow, when you think of all the work involved to build that it really is a great accomplishment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone