He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Your Mission

I bought this Grande Hurricane from Home Interiors and I absolutely love it. It is cast iron so it's prety heavy. The hurricane is huge, it's 13-1/4" x 16" h. Now what I need are table lamps to go with it and I can not find anything to match it. I want the table lamps to be the same rolled, rust/brown color that the hurrican is. I don't care if it has the braided rim but the rolled (not flat) cast iron is a must. If anyone is out and about, take a look at lamps for me. If you see anything that may match this, let me know.

2 Comments:

  • At March 3, 2005 at 9:57 AM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    Have you looked at Pier 1? They also have a website...www.pier.com. I don't know if they have any lamps with the cast iron that's rust/brown. I have a few things from there that are cast iron, but its black. That's the only place I can think of off hand. Maybe there are furniture stores you could look at too. Like maybe Slumberland or something, they might have a website, but I've never checked.

     
  • At March 3, 2005 at 10:28 PM, Blogger April said…

    Stop by the Antique Mall (kevin's moms store) and check.. they have stuff like that sometimes, it won't be new, but it adds to the rustic feel of the lamp base.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone