He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, August 13, 2010

NOT MUCH

We had a barn meeting the day on Wednesday. We went over the new employee handbook and also went over safety in the barn around the sows and boars. I and Kevin Blake were also appointed as the safety representatives in our barn, Hexagon. Each barn needs two reps. We will be going to meetings once every three months at the feed mill with the safety reps from Coolin and Dakota barns. Kevin is covering farrowing and I am covering breeding. It's nothing big, just check lists we have to do every so often, check fire extinguishers, and that kind of stuff.

Cassidy lost her first tooth a couple of weeks ago. The tooth fairy gave her two dollars for her tooth. The next day she told Nana and Auntie Lynnette that she got two pennies. I think I am going to have to spend a little more time going over coins and how much they are worth with Cassidy.

They started a preschool in Leeds so Jessie will be attending preschool this year. I am excited about it and so is Jessie. She cannot wait to use her unicorn backpack.

I haven't been doing a lot of riding this summer. I would like to do more, but my job keeps me busy. I am definitely not complaining. Things are pretty good around here. The girls and I are doing well and loving life the simple way. Sometimes I feel bad about it, but for most of the time I think how much they are learning to enjoy the smaller simpler things to life and you don't need to "keep up with the Jones" to be happy.

I hope everyone is doing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone