He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, June 12, 2009

I FINALLY FOUND A JOB

I have been job hunting for some time. My main problem that I kept running into was that most of the jobs I found were part-time and consisted of evenings and weekends. I cannot do evenings and weekends because I do not have a babysitter for those periods and a part-time job doesn't pay enough to put two girls in daycare and put fuel in my car. A while ago, a friend told me about Verety in Rugby, ND. Verety takes McDonald's drive-thru orders via call center and you can even work from home if you wish. I jumped at it. I received and email from Verety saying that I wouldn't be able to perform the job for them "due to the poor Internet services provided to those living within the York area". My poor Internet service has kept me from many jobs that I could have had. I replied to the email and told them I would be working out of my mother's home since she has DSL. Yesterday I got a phone call from a woman with Verety asking if I was still interested in the job and if I could answer some questions for her over the phone. I told her absolutely and answered all her questions. I start training in Rugby on Tuesday next week. The training schedule is a little quirky. Some days I only go in for a few hours in the evening, sometimes a few hours in the morning, and a few days it's all day long. Training goes for two weeks in Rugby and, when I am finished, they will send someone out to my mother's house and install everything I need...they even provide a computer. Working for a fast food place has never been an appealing job for me, but right now it's a job that I really need, and I am not actually really working inside McDonald's, it's from the comfort of home and that alone is really going to help with gas expense.

1 Comments:

  • At June 12, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Blogger April said…

    Congrats on the new job! It sounds like a good job for you right now. I know a guy that was kind of like a director type position for that company. He liked it a lot!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone