He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, May 25, 2009

SICK CHILD AND 1ST LAWN PARTY OF THE YEAR

I took Jessie to the doctor last week. Her tonsils have been swollen for the last 3 months, she has been doing a lot of mouth breathing, and she snores so bad at night that Cassidy doesn't like to sleep in the same room with her. The doctor suggested that she have her tonsils removed. We has a tentative surgery date in Grand Forks on June 2nd to have them removed. Jessie was also diagnosed as an asthmatic last summer. I want to take her to a pediatrician and get her asthma under control before we go ahead with the surgery. So, I may have to cancel the surgery date and wait until her asthma is under control. The poor little girl coughs constantly, her nose is always running, I have had to give her a lot of nebulizer treatments lately, and sometimes she coughs so hard she throws up.

Last night was a long night. Jessie's asthma flared up and I was up until 3:30 am trying to make her as comfortable as possible. She feel back asleep around 4. Tomorrow I am calling the clinic to see when I can get her in. I feel so bad for her and feel like the shittiest parent in the world.

Saturday evening I hosted my first lawn party of the season. It was a beautiful evening/night for it. Ten of my friends where here with all of their children. I think there was 12 children in all. Everyone brought something to throw on the grill and one friend brought a huge grill so we had two to cook on. We had enough food to feed a small army of 1,000 people. One of my friends grilled peppers and onions with an awesome glaze and also made these really good mushrooms with chives. I am going to have him make those at every lawn party from now on. I was hoping the neighbors would make it over, however, the weather was so nice they had to spend the time seeding farmland, and they also had family from out of town visiting. Hopefully they will be able to make it next time. I feel bad they missed out on some great food this time around. The bonfire burned out at about 5:30 am, and those who stayed that late, left.

It's raining today, so I am thinking of inviting friends over for supper and to watch some Jeff Dunham. It should be a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone