He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, May 11, 2009

SUBWAY...EAT BUGS

I had the worst day ever.

I was sleeping in when my phone rang. The phone call started my day on a really bad note. I called Brandie so I could vent, and she came over to talk and hang out. While she was here, we decided to take the girls and her youngest son to a park in Rugby to get away, and out of the house.

Before getting to the park, we stopped at Subway and picked up lunch for the kids. I got halfway through my sub when I looked down and saw a big black bug in my sandwich. Damn near made me puke. On our way back to York, I stopped at Subway and got my money back.

We got home and decided to clean out and wash our vehicles. I got sunburn pretty good on my face, chest, shoulders, and the back of my neck because we were cleaning and washing for a good three hours.

I came inside and started making supper for everyone. Potatoes were boiling on the stove, Jessie and Brandie's youngest son were playing in the toy room, the three older kids were outside. Brandie and I took the opportunity to go outside and have a cigarette since the kids were occupied. No sooner had we gone outside, Brandie's son ran through the living room and locked the dead bolt on the door...locking us outside!

We broke into the house, cleaned up the mess from the boiling stove, fed the kids, I gave my girls a bath, then Brandie and her kids went home, I put my girls to bed.....now I am trying to wind down.

I can only hope that my day goes better tomorrow, but I don't see that happening. How was your day?

3 Comments:

  • At May 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    Hey, you might have had some extra protein from that bug! Seriously, though, that would be nasty. Maybe that Subway should take a look at their kitchens?

     
  • At May 13, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Blogger April said…

    I'm sorry to hear you had such a horrible day. A BUG! I would do more than just complain to that store. I would call their corporate office. I mean, yeah, sometimes things like that happen, but C'Mon! EWW! And a big black on?! I have chills down my spine.

    So I have to ask... and if you dont' want to say, thats ok, but what was the call about? On Face book, you said that it is something you'll have to deal with for years?

     
  • At May 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Yes, it is something that will linger for a very long time. Even if people stop talking about it, I am sure they will be thinking about it.

    Remember that letter I wrote to you in Facebook? It is connected to that situation.

    Someday, if it's possible to sit back and laugh at this, I will post the entire story, but I can't right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone