He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, March 24, 2008

EASTER

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter holiday. At some point in the past 11 months, the girls got into all of my plastic eggs. When I went to get the bag of plastic eggs out of my closet to fill them with "goodies" on Saturday night, there were only 2 eggs left in the bag. There were about 20. I made a quick call to my mother and she had some plastic eggs at her place that she brought over for me to use. I am very surprised that the the girls got into the eggs but did not find the candy, books, and Easter toys in the closet.

April and Kevin, who are Cassidy's Godparents, sent the girls a very nice box of Easter goodies via mail. I was surprised to see it arrive with my morning mail last Wednesday. There were huge eggs filled with Reese's peanut butter goodies (which ROCKED btw!) and miscellaneous toys that have been keeping the girls busy for hours. I laughed when I opened the box. April must have packed the box at work, because when I opened it, the first thing I saw was a nice crisp, white hotel towel stuffed into the box to protect its contents. Thanks guys, you are the BEST EVER!

Darren's parents, along with his sister, came down the day before Easter to bring the girls their Easter gifts. Deb and Dave got the girls each a pair of really nice sandals, some sidewalk chalk, and a funny lamb that spins in circles. Auntie Missy gave the girls a Soccer Girl set that came with a pink kickball, water bottle, jump rope, a ponytail scrunchy, and a real 35mm camera. Their stay was a pretty short since the girls had a birthday party to go to the same day. Hopefully we will get together with them again.

The birthday party was for a boy in Leeds. The boy turned 11 so there was a lot of older boys there, but they all played very well with the younger kids that were at the party too, which was really cool of them. We feasted on cake and bar-b-ques until I swore all the food was going to come gushing out of my bellybutton.

I have rearranged some of the furniture in my living room to change things up a bit to go with the new paint and the pine. Unfortunately, I have keep coming to the realization that I have too much furniture for my living room. I only have 1 couch, 1 love seat, 1 lay-z-boy recliner, but with the computer desk, the china hutch, and the TV stand space is minimal. I need to take a look and see how I can free up space without making the living room look too stupid. I am good with painting/remodeling etc...but home interior arrangement is not a strong point. You do not want me to help. Unless you want a circus, then I am your woman for the job!

Okay, I am rambling now about things so that is a sign to stop. It's been a chipper day and I hope that everyone gets out and enjoys the week.

PEACE!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone