He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, October 05, 2007

I AM SICK AND SOCIAL SERVICES SUCKED

Sphincter would have LOVED to sit in on this! Hahaha.....

I arrived 10 minutes ahead of my appointment time. I waited 20 minutes in the lobby area because the case worker was not ready for my case yet. Odd, because I did not see anyone enter or leave her office while I was waiting. When I finally get into her office she looks at me and does that wonderful under breath hhmmm sound and rolled her eyes. She flat out says, "This is really suspicious. It makes me wonder." Two weeks ago they closed my case because Darren was making too much money for us to qualify for anything, but now, here I am in her office because my husband had "conveniently" decided he wanted a separation. I was ready to fly off that chair and rip her head off. I must admit that I raised my voice a little (OK, maybe a lot) and told her he really did leave and I am not doing it just for the damn benefits through social services. I told her I would rather have my husband back instead of sitting there filing for all the stupid little programs that I need, otherwise I would really struggle without it. I told her to call everyone I knew, my parents, Darren's parent...anyone, and they would tell her that he left. Then, I trudged myself through the mud and had to explain everything to her so she "understood". Looking back, I shouldn't have been that hard on her. It wasn't her fault. If I was that worker I would have thought someone was trying to buffalo me too. I guess today was my day to finally just let loose on some innocent victim not related to what's going on. What I said must have worked though. Tomorrow (tonight at midnight actually) I will have money applied to my EBT card so I can by groceries and I should get a statement in the mail about whether or not we have qualified for Medicaid. I am sure we have.

My mother has the girls tonight so I can get the house cleaned and do some homework. I don't know how much I am actually going to get done because in the last 6 hours I have started to feel very crummy. I have a sore throat, I have a wicked headache, and I am going through patterns of being hot and really cold. Right now would be an awesome time to borrow Mr. Toast's new Vick's thermometer that he picked up. I feel like just putting things off until tomorrow. I may pick up around the house and then in the morning actually clean before the hubby gets to the house, and I am going to take some textbooks to bed with me just in case I hit a round of insomnia due to the cold.

2 Comments:

  • At October 6, 2007 at 11:11 PM, Blogger April said…

    Yeah, it wasn't the lady's fault that your case looked "suspicious" but she still has to be professional and cutious, that is part of her job. Rolling her eyes and groaning is not acceptable. So don't feel bad, she is the one who set the shitty mood of the meeting so she deserved being yelled at, she could have started the conversation in a different manner and you wouldn't have felt so upset.

    Give Cassie a happy Birthday hug for me, I can't believe she is 4. She is so big! I remember when she was born. Geeeeeez! Sorry we can't make it to the party, I hope she has a great Birthday, and you enjoy your day tomorrow too, it isn't just about Cassie, its about the day you brought her into the world, so you should celebrate you to!!

     
  • At October 7, 2007 at 12:56 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    I'm pretty sure you can go ahead and blame her. Like April said, these people are supposed to be professional about things like this. I absolutely cannot stand when people bring their feelings into a meeting with a client. They're there to help, not accuse. I understand her being suspicious, too, but she should not have gone that route with you.
    On a less angry note, tell Cassie Happy B-day for us!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone