He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, October 05, 2007

A NEW BLOG, RECERT, AND FAMILY WOES

I am sure most of you have noticed the newbie that has stopped by and left a comment. I ran across Sphincter in Mr. Toast's blog. I have checked out the Sphincterhood blog and I highly recommend it. It brought a lot humor to my day and I am sure this is a person I would definitely hang out with...or at least in her library!

I have a recertification interview the social services today for my Medicaid and Food Stamps. The receptionist on the phone told me it was going to take 2 hours. Two fucking hours, are you kidding me? What are we going to discuss for two hours? My case worker probably had a list of questions for me that I cannot answer like the date my husband left, his phone number and new address, how much money is he giving me, does he care for the girls for any duration of time...etc. Even if I could answer them I don't know if I would really want to tell her. I only see the case worker see face-to-face once a year. Sorry, lady, but that does not boost you into bestfriend status so I would feel comfortable divulging all my personal information. I really hate social services sometimes too. You scurry to find all this personal info that they want just to find out that you are extremely poor, but yet, there is enough money within your couch cushion to make you too wealthy for their services. Dirt bags! Why do they make it so that people who really need the help get nothing, and the ones that screw around and have money coming in get everything? Damn dirt bags!

I ran into Darren's cousins' girlfriend at the grocery store yesterday. She said Darren spoke to Jeff a while ago, and Jeff told her that we were not doing very well at all. I filled her in and apologized for not visiting lately because of what was going on. She said that I am still welcome at their house. Jeff told her that he hoped the girls and I don't stop coming over if Darren and I do get a divorce because the three of us are still friends. That made me feel good but a little uncomfortable at the same time. I love Darren's family. They are a lot of fun to be around and they have all become close friends to me. I would still like to do things with them. However, since Darren is the blood relative, I cannot just show up at family functions and feel welcome anymore. I expect them to want Darren there opposed to me, and I accept that. I just wish I could still hang out with some of the Hanson/Solem family too....one more WONDERFUL thing to worry about.

I hope that everyone has a very blessed day. I shall fill you all in after my appointment. Cheers and have a beer!!!

1 Comments:

  • At October 5, 2007 at 7:14 PM, Blogger Sphincter said…

    Hey, looky! I'm famous! Thanks, Janelle!

    I don't envy you having to go through that appointment. Nothing like having strangers scour all your business...Hope it went as well as it could.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone