He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

JACK'S PARTY GIRL

I have often thought about the day that Luna will die. She is so much a part of my life even though I may not ride her as much as I used to or as much as I would like now. I know a lot of who I am is going to die with her. If it wasn't for her, I probably wouldn't have become the huge hippie horse lover that I am today. My curiosity about the real wild west and how cowboys really lived was stirred up because of my passion for horses and in my opinion horses are still what keeps the west alive today.

I know I want to own horses for a while but I didn't know if I wanted another horse like her after she is gone. It would remind me too much about her and I would unfairly compare the two if they resembled each other.

A while back I was checking out all the breeds of horses and the sizes and colors that they range in and I decided that I want a paint. Not just any paint though. I want the really flashy and really expensive overo paint and she...yes I said she...needs to be a bay overo paint. Solid black legs, mane, and tail are a must. A nice white bold face is optional but would be wonderful and the white and brown color on the body has to be perfect with each other. Not too much white and not too much brown.

Bay overo's are not found easily and when you do they are normally very expensive and most of the time they are really ugly because there is way too much white.

I was checking online the other night when I had some down time and I found my Perfect Horse. Her name is Jack's Party Girl and suprisingly she is for sale on a ranch in Carrington ND. She is my replacement for Luna. I absolutely got to have her and she is the best bay overo that I have seen yet. I want this horse so bad that it actually hurts and I want to cry each time I look at her picture. I know this sounds really silly that I am actually crying over a horse but it's a deep passionate love that I have for the equines that isn't speakable and I think the fact that I actually found the horse that I have imagined for years for sale here in ND has something to do with it too.

Okay, I am not really expecting my parents or husband to buy her for me, though it's a really nice thought and would be a wonderful Mother's Day gift .......I am joking......or am I?

1 Comments:

  • At May 9, 2006 at 11:13 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    It's good to think progressively like that--I mean how it's sad your horse will be gone in time, but that you will want another one and not quit horses forever.
    I've actually always wanted to go on a cattle drive, but I wanted to do the real thing, not that whole "rich people trying to act like cowboys" thing. Unfortunately, I think trains and trucks have replaced that job.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone