He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

HOLY CRAP

The neighbors who gave us the swing set called me again yesterday and told me they also had a Little Tykes picnic table if we wanted along with a plastic three wheel trike and some little kids games.

I called my dad to see if I could use one of his trucks to go get the stuff after I got back from Devils Lake with Jessie and he said that was fine so I called the neighbors back and told them I would be by in the evening to get the stuff and they said they would just set the stuff out in front of their house in case they were not home when we stopped.

When my dad, Cassie, and I got there not only did we find the picnic table and trike, but there was also a red/white radio flyer trike, a skate board, a bigger kids bike, a Little Tykes dolphin with handles and wheels, a turtle on wheels, two lawn chairs, a plastic red snow sled, a huge plastic bat with baseball (the animals are going to LOVE that), a box that had two bike helmets and an assortment of boots, and a second box with a bunch of toys and board games.

WOW! I thanked them for all the stuff and asked them if they were sure they didn't want anything. They said nope cause they were just going to take all of it to the Boys Ranch anyway if we didn't take it. We have some super nice neighbors.

3 Comments:

  • At May 9, 2006 at 5:53 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    Geez, I think I need some neighbors like yours!!! Some of that stuff is really expensive to buy, especially a whole swingset!!! I can't wait till I have a large enough yard for a swingset, Carson would love that!

     
  • At May 9, 2006 at 10:00 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Cassie is totally having fun with all that stuff. In fact, now that she has toys and a swing set to play with outside she actually staying in the yard!!!

     
  • At May 9, 2006 at 11:07 PM, Blogger April said…

    very cool! Living in small town North Dakota has its perks... the people are always nice!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone