He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, April 24, 2006

ANOTHER RIDE

Yesterday I was able to take Cassie out for another ride. We were out longer and went much farther this time. There is a county road and a couple of prairie trails that make a square around our place that is about 3 miles and we rode that. Since we only walked it, it took us about an hour to finish the ride. Cassie had a fun and she laughed and talked to the horse the entire ride. I am glad that we have a gentle horse because Cassie would flap her legs and swing out her arms and point quickly sometimes and I was worried that she might scare the horse but she never did. In fact, the horse seemed to know that Cassie was there and wasn't a seasoned rider because the horses gait was even a little different than it usually is when I ride alone. She didn't jump from any birds or ducks flying out of the ditch (like she usually does. I think she is testing me to see how bad I actually want to ride) and she even jumped over a muddy, wet tore up culvert in the middle of one of the roads without a problem. I was very impressed with both the horse and Cassie. Cassie liked it when the horse jumped, she squealed and wanted to do it again!

When we got back Darren jumped on the horse and went down the rode for a quick ride. Darren doesn't really ride so his rides are normally just down the road about 200 feet and back. He will ride after I am done so he knows the spunk is out of the horse when he gets on.

There is this really nice thick saddle blanket that I want at TSC...well, it was there a year ago so I don't know if they still have it or not...I was going to buy it but at the time Darren asked me why since I didn't ride at all anymore so I never picked it up. But since I am riding now I need to replace the one the some mice chewed through and built a nest in the middle of....damn mice! Why do I have a mouse problem???? I never hear any stories about all of you guys and any rodents. Well, except for Rainy and that ungodly enormous beaver that attacked her but that is a whole different story.

The guy I sold Tango too is having him broke to ride and the man says that he's turning out to be a really nice horse. I kick myself for selling him but we couldn't keep him in the fence. I have been thinking about mending and fixing the fence around our place and then buying Tango back from the man. I would like to have at least two good riding horses here at our place and we do not ride Cholla anymore. We just use her for a brood mare and a yard ornament....more ornament than anything.

Rainy came out to our place with Jason yesterday too. They traded in their black Neon for a really swanky looking big Dodge Ram pickup. They had to get some fencing out of their shed so they could put it up around their place in Devils Lake. They couldn't stay too long so I didn't get to talk to Rainy too much. She checked out the girls purple room and though it was looking good. I still have to paint one wall and get that crap out of there. I am determined to have that room done in about another week. I want the painting all done and the wallpaper up before it gets really hot and it sounds like this is my week to do it since it's supposed to be a cool week.

Can you believe we got snow last night...crazy beans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone