He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, April 23, 2006


This is Luna. She is literally my first love. My dad bought her for me when I was in the 7th grade. We had just recently moved from Devils Lake to Churchs Ferry. I didn't have a lot of friends or active in a lot of sports like my brother so I was pretty lonely and I got into trouble a lot. A guy my dad knew wanted to know if I could ride and if I could come out to his farm and keep his horses ridden. Dad told him I would do it and when dad took my out to the guys place Luna was one of six yearlings. She was alway curious and she would come up to the fence and hang out with us until we left...a very interested "people" horse you could say. One day when we where there my dad gave a check to the guy and dad told me she was mine. I didn't even know mom and dad were talking about getting me my own horse. I broke her to ride with my dad's help. She's a great riding horse and is also very gentle and willing to do anything or go anywhere I ask her too. Before the kids, I rode her everyday even in the winter. She is 16 now and I will have her until the day she dies. I love her so much and she is by far the best gift that my father has ever given me. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone