He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, April 23, 2006

CASSIE'S FIRST HORSE RIDE

Yesterday was Cassie first official horseback ride. Before today I would just put Cassie on the horse's backs in the pasture and hang on to her while the horses walked around but we actually got Luna saddled up and rode.

My mom came over to watch Jessie for me and while Cassie was eating supper, I saddled up Luna and rode her for a bit before I came back to the house and picked up Cassie. My mom had changed Cassie into some warmer clothes and she was really excited to be going for a horse ride.

We didn't go too very far cause I didn't know for sure how Cassie was going to react and it was getting a little late in the evening and Cassie still had to have a bath before bed time but we rode for about a quarter of a mile and then came back.

Today since Cassie got up, the only thing she can talk about is going for another horse ride. Since Darren is working on one of the old cars today I will have to call my mom again to see if she minds watching Jessie while we have another ride. If Darren wasn't working on the car he would watch Jessie but he has to get a car for himself running because gas in the truck is killing him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone