He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, April 22, 2006

A VERY MUCH NEEDED SILENT NIGHT

Cassie spent the night at Nana's last night. Cassie wanted to have a "slumber party" so I called Nana and she said it was fine. I went over there with the girls around 5. We had supper and then I gave Cassie a bath before I left.

When I got home around 9:30 Jessie was ready to nurse so I fed her and then she fell asleep. She slept until 11:30 and only nursed for about 10 minutes and feel right back asleep. She didn't get up again until 3:30. She only nursed again for about 15 minutes and then slept until 8:00 am. So she is sleeping roughly about 3 to 4 hours now that we give her Mylanta and it has been helping a lot. She sleeps a lot better...obviously...she isn't near as crabby and hasn't had any bad cry spells. It was a very quiet night and I got some really good sleep.

Nana brought Cassie home around 1 pm. Before coming home they baked brownies. Nana stopped at the Cenex here in town to get fuel in her vehicle so they also stopped at the park when they were done fueling and played for about 20 minutes before coming to the house. I am disappointed in Cassie is little bit though. When the came home, Nana told me that Cassie wouldn't go to the bathroom for her and instead of taking her into the bathroom and putting her on the toilet right away, Nana put some clothes in the washer/dryer and when she went back to get Cassie, Cassie had pottied all over Nana's slipper chair and soaked the carpet. Cassie knows better but in strange unfamiliar places you have to take her to the bathroom or she won't go. But it surprised me because Nana's is a very familiar place...we are there every day!...So I'm not sure why she did that.

Darren ran into Devils Lake with the motorcycle to pick up some oil and a filter to change the oil in his pickup. It's starting to get warm in the house and I would like to go outside and ride horse for a bit. I may call my mom and see what she is doing and if she's not busy I am going to see if she can come over, or if I can drop Jessie off, and then Cassie and I will head off down the road on my horse. So keep your heads up for Cowgirl Cassie pics!!

1 Comments:

  • At April 23, 2006 at 9:08 AM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    I'm glad you are able to get at least a little sleep now. It's definitely nice that you have someone who is able to help you with Jessie's sleeping problems. I hope she'll continue to be able to sleep for you.

    I'm also happy to hear that Darren may get a new route. It must be hard to do everything you do without your husband there. I definitely have TONS of respect for you and I hope you give yourself lots of "pats on the back" all the time for everything you do for your family and yourself. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone