He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

SNOW

Last night I was hoping that the weather man was lying when he said we were to get about 10 inches of snow. It's North Dakota and the weather is a little unpredictable here so I hardly go by the weather on the news and I just see what it's like when I wake up the next day. I woke up around 6 am and the wind was just terrible and I could hear the ice and snow hitting the bedroom window. It sounded like someone was digging in a plastic bag. We had lost power cause the clock was blinking 12:34 and the touch lamps that I have in the house were on. I got up to turn off the lamp in the living room and I peeked outside. The snow was gathering on the lawn and I figured it would be gone by morning so I went back to bed. This morning I woke up to the same kind of weather as last night and there was about three times as much snow. Since it's going to be this way all day, Cassie and I are staying home and we are going to crack out some popcorn, make some hot chocolate, watch some videos...maybe even a few of the Rankin-Bass Christmas ones too...and we will see if Early Head Start shows up at 3:30, if she does, she's nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone