He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

BAD DAY

When my dad has a bad day, he really has a bad day. I am starting to think that he's just one bad walking omen. My mom called me early this morning and their computer crashed. Last week they got DSL and they had a "bad" copy of Micro XP and their computer crashed. Everything for my dad's business was on the computer and he had a bunch of federal government stuff to do today. I couldn't get a hold of any one and my dad couldn't wait so we got a friend from Devils Lake to work on the computer as long as my dad got it to him before noon...which he did. There was soooo much that needed to be done and replaced with the computer that it took the guy in town 6 hours to fix and dad basically walked away with a brand new computer and a very lighter pocket book. When he got it home, I had to download all of his software and stuff again for all the programs he used. I think he can get most of his email addresses from businesses off of business cards that he has kept. After we got the computer back up again, my dad went to watch TV and I swear each remote he touched none would work and they had been working for me all day as I was waiting for the DirecTV guy. He tried changing batteries but that didn't help so he gave up and just had to use the buttons on the TV. On the plus side, the only thing that was wrong with their DirecTV was a bad cable going from the wall to the receiver and they replaced the cable for nothing. Boy, dad would have been pissed if he had to pay a $75 service fee just to find out it was a wire INSIDE the house BEHIND the TV that was bad. I just hope that their isn't another problem with that computer for a very long time.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone