He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, October 02, 2005

NO ARM, A BIRTHDAY, DIRECTV, AND MEDICAID

Darren's mom called him the other day. I guess the step-dad of one of Darren's friends got his arm caught in a baler and had it ripped off. The guy is in the Minot hospital and we aren't sure when he is going to be home. Darren thinks his friend is going to end up running the farm and cattle now. I feel bad for the family but it's hard for me to feel sorry for the guy cause he didn't stop the baler before he put his hand in it....how stupid is that. You hear horror stories about farming all the time, and this guy being a farmer, you think he would have stopped the machine.

I bought a bucket of sidewalk chalk for Cassie's birthday yesterday when my mom and I went to Rugby. I got 37 huge pieces of chalk for $3 but by the way the weather forecasts sound I don't think she's going to be playing with them much until spring.

Tuesday I have to go to my parents house and wait for the DirecTV dude. They have been having problems with their local channels coming in for months and I called DirecTV today for my mom and told them I was tired of calling in and wanted it fixed so they are sending a tech out tomorrow at no charge and this also includes all the hardware and new party's they may have to change out. They are even going to have the tech bring another receiver just in case my parents is bad and that's why they aren't getting channels. I feel good knowing that my parents don't have to pay for it.

Thursday I have a doc appointment. I am going to see if I can get Cassie's old babysitter to watch her for me so I don't have to bring her into town with me cause the trip will go faster that way and I have to finish all Cassie's birthday party shopping too. I am excited cause I found this really cool Dora the Explorer birthday cake that I am going to buy and I can't wait to see Cassie's expression when she sees it.

My eyes are getting bad. I am supposed to have glasses or wear my contacts but I don't cause the prescription is old and they bother my eyes when I do wear them. I was waiting for a bit so that we would have our vision insurance for a bit before I went in until Billy enlightened me about my Medicaid. For some dumb reason, I forgot that Medicaid covered vision and dental work along with all the hospital, clinic, and pharmacy stuff so Billy asked my why I haven't made an eye appointment since Medicaid will pay for it....and to top it off, there are frames that Medicaid does pay for, the only thing Medicaid doesn't pay for is contacts. Well shit! If I would have realized that before hand, I would have already have my new glasses. So tomorrow I am going to call the eye clinic and make an appointment and then I am going to call the dentist and let them know that the cap on my front tooth needs to be replaced. I need to find out though what the dentist would actually do because I am pregnant and some things you have to wait until the baby is born before they do and I only have Medicaid for 63 days after the baby is born so I will have to make sure that if I have to wait until after delivery that they do it a soon as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone