He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, July 09, 2005

YESTERDAY

It's been hot so I have spent the last two days at my parents. Yesterday I had my first OB checkup. Before the appointment I ran to the Comfort Inn and talked to April quickly before she took off to make it to a job interview. Then after the appointment I drove by Aprils apartment to see if she wanted to come to Wal-Mart with us because I had to get a few things and get Cassie's pictures taken but her car wasn't there so we went by ourselves. After Wal-Mart I ran to Cenex to put fuel in the truck and while I was there I was going to let Cassie out and stretch her legs a bit because she hadn't done much running around. When I pulled up to the pump, I opened Cassies carseat harness, I left the truck running so she would stay cool, then I got out and started to pump gas. Shortly after starting the gas pump, I heard the "click" of the door lock switch. I looked over my shoulder and there was Cassie, in the drivers seat pretending to drive. I started to freak because I didn't want her to hit the gear shifter and move the truck. There was a really nice guy in front of us who was getting ready to go inside and pay, I got his attention and told him what happened and he said that when he got done paying for his fuel, he would come out to my truck and keep Cassie entertained while I ran inside and called someone to come and open the door. Luckily, just as the man was coming back out the door, Cassie hit the door lock button again and I quickly opened the door, turned off the truck, grabbed Cassie and we went inside to pay for the fuel. I felt so bad and the oddest thing is that I never do that and I don't know what caused me to do it then. You always hear stories of kids left in running cars alone that get into accidents and they get hurt, or worse, they die. When Cassie was born, Darren and I said that we would never do that. I feel like I should have The Worst Mommy In The World award for that. After we got back in the truck we drove by Aprils again and she still wasn't home so we grabbed fast food and then headed home. Cassie was really crabby when we got home and it was getting close to her bedtime. I put her in her crib at my mom's and she was asleep before 8:30 and she slept all night. I am not sure what we are going to do, it's going to be 95 degrees so that is almost to hot to do anything...we'll see.

2 Comments:

  • At July 9, 2005 at 12:22 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    Don't be too hard on yourself. You aren't the first person in the world to do that and nothing happened to Cassie. I guess it's just one of those things you learn from and remember to never do again. Trust me, I've had many moments like that. :)

     
  • At July 9, 2005 at 10:53 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Well it's definately a moment that I will NEVER forget!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone